The Inside Story
GURGAON: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped by four boys, one of whom she knew, from outside her house in Gurgaon on Sunday night, driven to a flat and gang-raped.

The boys drove her back on Monday morning, dropped her outside her house and threatened to kill her if she went to the cops, according to the girl, who called the women's helpline around 8am. A police team met the girl at her house and filed the complaint. She was taken to Civil Hospital for tests, which confirmed rape.

Three of the alleged assailants were arrested later in the day. One of them, who studies in Class XII in an open school, knew the girl and the two often spoke over the phone, police said, citing call records. Another is a minor, who studies in Class XI. The third works in a hotel. The fourth boy is on the run. Apart from the minor, the others are aged between 19 and 23.

The girl's friend, in fact, lives in the same Old Gurgaon neighborhood she lives in. The alleged assault took place in a flat in Sector 56, which is on the other side of the expressway, in New Gurgaon. Police didn't say who the owner of the flat was.

In her complaint, the girl, who studies in Class XI in a private school in the city, said she was trying to connect to Wi-Fi on her phone outside her house a little after midnight when a car approached her house. Seeing her friend in it, along with three other boys, she walked up to talk to him. "The boys pulled her into the car and drove off," a police officer said. "She was taken to a flat and raped by all four. In the morning, they dumped her outside of the house and threatened to kill her if she told anyone."

Before the girl called the helpline, her family went to the New Colony police chowki around 3am to report her missing. Gurgaon Police have formed a special team under joint commissioner Vivek Sharma to investigate the case. The girl's statement was recorded by a magistrate.

"The boys said they spoke to the girl before her abduction and called her out of her house. Our teams are conducting raids to nab the fourth accused," Sharma said.

Thanks To: