Part 1

Part 2

The Inside Story
The 29-year-old wife of a shopkeeper was strangled and her three-year-old son kidnapped from his home in Mayur Vihar Phase-III here on Saturday by unknown assailants. The police suspect involvement of someone known to the victim.

Preliminary investigations have indicated that the incident took place around noon when Mohi Sinha’s husband Inam was at his garment shop. Their domestic help was in the house at Ghadoli Dairy Farm Colony when the assailants struck around noon. At gun-point they overpowered Mohi, strangled her with an electric wire and decamped with jewellery and kidnapped her son Ishu.

The domestic help subsequently alerted Inam, following which the police were called in. As the case involved kidnapping of a minor, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Ravindra Yadav visited the spot. A forensic science team also lifted evidence from the crime scene.

Police enquiries revealed that Mohi had married Inam about five years ago against her parents’ wishes. They then started living in Kondli where her husband set up a mobile phone shop. About two years ago Inam bought a flat in Mayur Vihar Phase-III and about a fortnight ago he had opened a garment shop in the same area.

Thanks To:

Murdered woman’s son found

NEW DELHI: Three days after a 29-year-old woman was found murdered at her apartment in Mayur Vihar Phase-III, her kidnapped son has been rescued from Haridwar in Uttarakhand. Two Delhi Police sub-inspectors who led the operation to rescue three-year-old Ishu, and a policeman of Uttarakhand Police were injured when the kidnappers attacked them with blades, police said. The police team is bringing back Vijay, a former associate of the child's father, Iman, to Delhi for questioning.

Ever since Ishu's mother Mohi Sinha was found murdered last Saturday, several police teams from the east district had been raiding places in UP, Haryana and Uttarakhand to arrest the suspects and rescue the child.

Police now claim Sinha might have been killed for ransom. "We are treading cautiously as it is a ransom case. We have asked the SDM to take down statements of Inam and his father-in-law,'' said an officer. Sources said Inam's family had done transactions of more than Rs 50 lakh recently to buy a flat and set up a shop.

While police have suspicions about Inam's role in the case they are also investigating the role of his maid Beena, besides the arrested man Vijay. "A few others are on the radar. We will establish the exact role of each of these suspects only after we rescue the child. We will then get an exact sequence of events,'' an investigating officer told TOI on Monday morning before Ishu was rescued.

The murder and kidnapping case has left Sinha's family shocked. They said she and Inam had been good friends and had been living happily in Delhi. "The two of them had been good friends in Supol, Bihar, and had known each other from childhood. Inam had come to Delhi seven years ago and had set up a mobile phone store in the Mayur Vihar Phase-III area. Mohi followed soon after to study journalism," said a family member.

Their relationship soured terms between the families that had been cordial otherwise. Regardless, they married in 2008. The couple struggled a lot to make the mobile services shop—Inam's first business foray—a big success. Their neighbours said the couple seldom argued and got along so well that it was hard to tell that they belonged to different communities.

Thanks To: